Re: Acoustic Guitar and vocal FXs software

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 9:16 AM, L.Angulo <labaloops@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanx Per!
> so whats is the current software solution using mobius as a stand alone
>on my mac if i wanted my guitar routed through a software "pedalboard"
>system and then go into the mobius looper? i am not really concerened
>with post looper efx at the moment.

Your concerns are identical to mine! I use MainStage on a MacBook as
my pre amp sim and effect rig. I also use Mobius standalone on the
same laptop. From MainStage I send the output two ways: to the RME
box's physical outputs 1-2 and 3-4. 3-4 is routed by physical cables
to physical inputs 5-6. Input 5-6 is fetched as the audio input from
Mobius. Mobius output is sent to physical output 1-2 (as also my live
playing is). Latency compensation for live loops set by ear in Mobius
(took some time to get right).

The big point in this setup is that I can loop with the "set tempo by
first loop" technique. I have set Mobius to send out MIDI Clock into
OS X IAC Bus. And I have set MainStage to "get tempo from MIDI input".

I guess you could build a similar laptop looping rig by using NI
Guitar Rig where I'm using MainStage. I'm not sure though how well GR
is following MIDI Clock? I chose MainStage (plus SoundToys Native
Bundle) because I already own it, because I like the sounds more than
GR and finally because MainStage is quite close to the other live rig
I built in Bidule on Windows.

There is also this other completely different concept of putting the
looper inside a host as a plug-in and set the tempo in the host. I may
do that in studio recording situations but I don't regard it an
intuitive live looping performance strategy (click track tends to kill
the music for me)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen