Re: Please stop this: OT Obama / unsubscribe

> One of the great things about the internet is that it brings one into
> contact with people of other cultures, races, and political beliefs...
> Loopers delight has been my ONE AND ONLY community that I have been a
>member
> for about 10 years now. People come and go, but I still would like to
>echo
> (read loop) back our founder, Kims words from before (where IS he by the
> way, anyone seen him recently - I guess he is still paying for this
>list?)
> when he used to say,
> "You are all grown ups, moderate yourselves

I have said mentioned about being thankful for many of the OT topics
that have come up during my time on this list.  I did truly enjoy the
last batch of ranting on about us politcs since i learned a few things
i might not have bothered to look into but also because the fervour of
the postings makes a rater pleasant contrast to the many very
technical posts that pass through my inbox about gear that i dont
have. Sometimes i feel as if im reading one of those  many sound
magazines that seam to say to one " you see this gear...you will never
have this gear..cinical laugh" but its exciting stuff to the newbie
electronic musician (a long time acoustic drummer feeling very strange
in the land of software and laptp music making but getting there).

This latest batch of rants however i most enjoyed very much. IT
reminds me of a really good jung fu movie except in textual form
SP Goodman is like JEt Lee at the end on 'the one' fighting off
thousand of  would be killers. Although seemingly the villian
according to some....his moves are slick, his blocks swift and he
always holds his ground. this makes for great viewing.

While indeed, some posts have been rather rude by some, in all good
kung fu movies you need those guys firing everybody up to get the
scene started. perfectly in line with a good test of skills to follow.

So...from south africa....i dont mind the rants....you guys are highly
entertaining. whether you are discussing the most wiered loopy biz or
Politcs.

One day ill get my looping up to some form of presentability to join
in more of the fun.

Byron