Re: MainStage Looper (screenshot)

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 8:27 PM, Sam Nilsson <sam@servingpeace.com> wrote:
> Per Boysen wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since we've been discussing MainStage and its graphical user interface
>> lately, some folks might wonder what it looks like. Here I have posted
>> a screenshot of a typical performance interface for looping:
>> http://www.looproom.com/bilder/mainstagelooper.png
>>
>> All screen objects are assigned to external gear, so you don't have to
>> look at the screen while performing. But you may also click a screen
>> object to call its targeted action. When I click with a foot pedal I
>> need to glance at the screen now and then to move the cursor, by hand,
>> to "arm" the next action I have in mind.
>>

> What looping plugin or software are you using in that screenshot?
>
> - Sam

Hi Sam,

That's two Augustus Loop in there right now. Augustus Loop is nice for
tape delay looping and it sends out a stable sync clock for the host
MainStage to follow. Today I'm checking out SooperLooper, but SL sends
out such a jittery clock that all beat synced plug-ins of MainStages
go havoc. So for the SooperLooper set I run  MainStage as the sync
master instead as slave (as with Augustus Loop). I don't think it's
such a big deal which looper I run in MainStage, the deal is to use
MainStage for its fifty something very fine built-in audio plug-ins.
(Mobius in MainStage would be quite a deal, but that's just another
league and besides, it isn't available as AU)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)