Re: counterpoint quote

I remeber when i was taking some crash music courses
in the university listening to some beautiful pieces
of counterpoint (if i am not mistaken)at times it was
also just strings fading in and out slowly (sort of
what fripp does with his synth soundscapes)but this
were classical pieces.I remeber asking the teacher
after class the name of the composers but
unfortunately lost my notes on that,can anybody
recomend essential listenings of this?I am also really
interested in dreamy soundscapey classical string
music compositions.
thanx
Luis

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom