Re: Live Looping Strategy

   I know that you can save loops via midi data from an EDP into a
seq, but my impression was that this was too time consuming for his
live application?  As well, he mentions, 'sending audio to a seq'  -
Obviously without some other means of saving audio data, a sequencer
by itself, certainly wouldn't work in that regard.  -Unless he's
wanting to create the loops in the same performance and simply trigger
them (in the EDP) with the sequencer?  yes?

   Anyway, apologies if I'm muddying the waters here with my own
possible confusion.  :)

Have a great day / evening!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Jun 18, 2008, at 2:32 AM, andy butler wrote:

>>    marcus kirby wrote:
>>        Do you ever save your loops in the sequencer to trigger them
>> at
>>        a later point?
>>        I like the idea of having the loops pre-recorded so that I can
>>        trigger them at a later point, but I want to know if it's
>>        possible to record a loop in the EDP, dump it / assign to a
>>        button, and then have that loop/button at my disposal for
>> later use.
>>    yes
>
> you can do it with the EDP
>

>> and no...
>
> you don't need anything else other than an edp.
>
> With the edp you can store up to 16 loops for triggered playback.
> Just like a sampler (but without the pitch control, and no polyphony).
>
> ...but I've no idea if that achieves the musical result that Marcus
> wants
>

> andy butler

---
View my Online Portfolio at: