Re: Live Looping Strategy

Do you ever save your loops in the sequencer to trigger them at a later point?

I like the idea of having the loops pre-recorded so that I can trigger them at a later point, but I want to know if it's possible to record a loop in the EDP, dump it / assign to a button, and then have that loop/button at my disposal for later use.

I essentially want to use the sequencer in the way you are, but without having the parts pre-recorded. It seems like it would make life easier if I did have them pre-recorded though, and no one would know, since the loop segment would have been played at one point or another. Hmm!

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 12:33 PM, projektGmail <projekt67@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi E

I'm using a sequencer (yamaha RS7000) for the songs which contains samples and to sync my Echoplex.
I can switch by hand which part of the song I want to play next, and the Echoplex stays in sync.
These blocks of music in the sequencer are the basics for my songs where I can play my loops ontop.
Beside that I like to improvise a lot (from scratch).

Simon | Projekt67
The Netherlands

www.projekt67.com

From: E Gross
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:59 PM
Subject: Live Looping Strategy

Hi Loopers,

I am new to looping and LD, have learned much in the past couple of months. I have checked out lots of your available music, which sounds awesome. My question to those that perform live is, is each performance you do completely spontaneous? Or do you start out with a framework for how you want to build a song. For example, for those who have a CD out, do you try to repeat songs which are on your CD?

I realize there are probably many different answers based on artistic preference, I have been using what I call the tabula rasa method, in which I start playing whatever comes to mind and take it from there. However the lack of pre-planning leaves open the possibility of falling flat on my face in a live setting (right now only my dog hears what I am playing and she is a very good listener but biased).

Many thanks in advance for your responses.