Re: RC-50: NEW feature!! A/B switching (like boomerang)

At 11:11 PM +0200 6/12/08, Buzap Buzap wrote:

>this is really true: I discovered another "feature" hidden in the RC-50!
>:-))
>
>It was that evening when Rick Walker showed me his Looperlative and
>some tricks of the trade while touring here in Europe (thanks very
>much! :-) It wasn't exactly a Looperlative trick, but it kind of
>inspired me.

FWIW, if I'm reading your technique correctly, it is an LP-1
technique (or at least it is now).  Steve Lawson figured out how to
do this on the Looperlative a few weeks ago.  That's merely a detail,
though; it is a great function.

>So, I sat down and figured out a way to use A/B switching similar to
>the Boomerang on the RC-50.

In general, I think we all know I'm not the biggest booster of the
RC-50 (still feel Roland depends far more on product marketing than
product development).

HOWEVER, Buzap, even though I don't own an RC-50 myself, I'd like say
that it would be a downright crime if you (and Sjaak too, for that
matter) weren't getting a nice fat bonus check from Roland for your
work here!  You've done a great job of finding workarounds and
functionality in this product which its designers obviously never
even conceptualized.

You deserve more credit for your efforts than you're ever likely to
get, which is a bit of injustice.  But on behalf of the other
gearheads here, I thought *somebody* should say thank you and keep up
the good work!  :D

        --m.
--
_____
"Image is blasphemy. Text is heresy. The spoken word is a lie."