RC-50: NEW feature!! A/B switching (like boomerang)

Ok guys

this is really true: I discovered another "feature" hidden in the RC-50!
:-))

It was that evening when Rick Walker showed me his Looperlative and some
tricks of the trade while touring here in Europe (thanks very much! :-) It
wasn't exactly a Looperlative trick, but it kind of inspired me.

So, I sat down and figured out a way to use A/B switching similar to the
Boomerang on the RC-50.

Like my discovery of the "loop feedback" feature that involves an extra
item (adapter cable to bridge Sub Out/Aux In), again this new feature
needs also a little tool: a simple guitar A/B footswitch will do for the
start.

So, you put the Main Out (left) and the Sub Out (left) on the A/B
footswitch and send the pedal output to your mixer/amp. (that means we're
starting mono, but technically stereo works the same way).

The setup idea is very simple:
- Setup your RC-50 in MULTI mode
   (tempo sync all phrases, turn the damn Rhythm track off, the usual
stuff...)
- Make sure that Input Out = Main+Sub
   (either "Name/Patch" or "System/Usb" button)
- Set PHRASE1 (=loop1) OUTPUT=MAIN
- Set PHRASE2  OUTPUT=SUB
- Set PHRASE3 OUTPUT=MAIN+SUB

Now, you record a little percussive loop on PHRASE 3. Then you record your
A-Part on PHRASE1 and your B-Part on PHRASE2. You toggle with the A/B
footswitch between Part-A/B while the PHRASE3 always keeps on running.

That's it!!!

This is actually great for song structures where I work with a
Verse/Bridge or Verse/Chorus part. I  always felt that the MULTI MODE and
SINGLE MODE both lacked something, I was searching for a "MIXED" mode.
So, in a way, this is actually more of a mute function rather than loop
switching (so pay attention to loop lenghts and you may want to put the
shorter loop on PHRASE1).

Since I'm more of a "song performer" rather than an "ambient musician",
this is exactly what I needed.
I'm very happy with it!

Get a guitar footswitch and try it out - it's really easy! :-)

Buzap

PS: I might not be able to respond quickly the next days, so you're on
your own ;-)