Re: Line 6 M13

At 10:22 AM -0700 6/12/08, Travis Hartnett wrote:
>Didn't the (discontinued) EchoPro offer 28/56 seconds of looping time?

60 seconds, IIRC, although I don't remember if that's normal or
starting in half-speed.  I've never bumped up against the recording
limit, but I don't tend to record two or five minute long loops,
either.

>But while you could MIDI sync the delays, you couldn't the looper?

You got it.  Delays will sync to MIDI clock, but the looper still
won't.  Although it will respond to MIDI commands, so you can use
whatever MIDI controller you'd like as a front end.

Primary (and only really big) disappointment for me was that the
looper still wasn't stereo compatible.  You could use the 800ms
stereo delay that accompanies the looper to fake some stuff, but that
wasn't a real solution.  It finally necessitated me to buy two and
run them in a "dual mono" configuration.  Luckily, I did this right
when they were being blown out, so I didn't get gigged with the
prices they've risen to since then.

I can't believe it appears they *still* haven't corrected the stereo
thing in the new unit though...  :P

        --m.
--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."