Re: OT: Update on my mini jazz archtop guitar ("The Little Mammoth")

It's purty!

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
www.glassWing.com www.richardsales.com
www.hayleysales.com www.joannesales.com
www.blueberryfieldsfarm.com
www.broombusters.org

On 24-May-08, at 11:13 PM, Boise Experimental Music Festival wrote:

Well, it's now 99% complete. The luthier will be fed ex'ing the guitar to me on Tuesday, overnight, just in time to play it at the Boise Experimental Music Festival. Check out the new pictures and description:

http://www.krispenhartung.com/mini-jazz-guitar/index.htm

An excerpt that really makes this guitar special....

"The story behind this nut is just amazing and mind-blowing. A friend of Bobby's from Alaska sent him a good size chunk of Woolly Mammoth tusk, which you can see below. Just to jog your memory, mammoths went extinct roughly 10,000 years ago. Hence, the ivory nut on this guitar is an actual artifact! I was born in Alaska, and because of this, the size of the guitar, and its "big guitar sized" tone reported by Bobby, I named the guitar the "The Little Mammoth.""

Kris

Krispen Hartung
Boise Experimental Music Festival
Event Coordinator and Artistic Director