With five connected together, I'd expect that if you're working in traditional "song" structures that you want all of them to relate to a common base loop length, so that any loop on any machine can be expressed as an even multiple the base loop.  It gets tricky when ANY machine can define the base loop depending on your settings.  Another potential issue, if you're trying to use one MIDI controller to control all five EDP's, is preventing collision of the MIDI commands (also assuming that you want independent control of each box).  Once you've defined a loop on one EDP, the other sync'ed boxes won't reset their sync start point until a full loop cycle has passed on the "temporary master" EDP.  Your EDP #1 has no inherent "precedence" in determining the master base loop length unless you set the system up that way.

Several people on the list have done this with three EDP's running off one controller, but I believe the only person who's done much work with five at once is Andre LaFosse, who's no longer on the list.

TH

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 7:22 AM, Joseph Tufariello <synchro1@optonline.net> wrote:
No being able to control the record cycle it was intermittent.
----- Original Message -----
From: Cara Quinn
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 12:04 AM
Subject: Re: What to do with 5

  When you say 'acting strange' what exactly do you mean?…

  Brother synching them all in addition to middi, might also be something to consider.

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On May 31, 2008, at 6:17 PM, Joseph Tufariello wrote:

.I am the artist Synchrony  I now have five Echoplex systems working together. One is the master it controls the other four with midi out to midi in-out-in so on That works fine. But the other day they started acting strange could not control them at times Intermittently I use the master or #1 to control all them but I had hooked up pedals to all of them. I unplugged the pedals from #2-3 & 4 and things seam to be fine. However I liked being able to control the other units now & then For example my key board is in #2 when I punch in record from pedal #2 #3 & 4 become the slave's and follow the #2 keyboard. Or if I punch #3 pedal witch I have my Bass into then #4 becomes the slave. I am telling you this because keeping pedals on all the Echoplex unites did work for a wile and I find it best for having better control. Are they designed to do it? or do I have to only use only one pedal for all five when they are in a midi daisy chain. If so why did the work at all with all 5 pedals for a while?  Please if anyone knows what to do let me know.   Joe T www.synchrony1com

---
View my Online Portfolio at: