Re: Tapping -- What are the tricks to staying synched to your rhythm section

On Jan 13, 2008 11:09 PM, Tom Pierce <lavaspin@yahoo.com> wrote:.

> So, what's the trick: In live settings do you just get
> the drummer to follow the loop?

That's a quite common trick, yes.

Another technique that many use is to set up a foot pedal to instantly
retrigger the playing loop, like a stutter. Then you can adjust its
start point while playing with the band. A third way is to erase the
loop by starting to record a new one and then make this new one fit
the new tempo.

(I'm leaving out your other questions that I am not the the best
person to answer)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen