Rép : EEE PC for looping ?

De : "Per Boysen" <perboysen@gmail.com>

Date : 7 janvier 2008 20:21:09 HNEC

À : Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

Objet : Rép : EEE PC for looping ?

I've always avoided Celeron processors for audio application. Well,

almost always - not during 1999 somewhere, when the legendary 300 MHz

Celeron could be easily overclocked and there still was a point in

overclocking a CPU to gain performance. I'm not sure exactly what is

up with the Celeron today, but you should read up on its

specifications and compare it with the Duo 2 Core that at this moment

in history is the best laptop CPU for audio. Go to Tom's Hardware,

www.laptop.com or a similar site because I noticed not all

specifications of interest are given out on that page you posted the

link to.

Yep, the Celeron is indeed not the fastest processor on earth, but it should still be enough to launch a few not too CPU-intensive apps...

I've found a forum thread where people talked about using audio apps on the EEE :

Reason does not react very well (too much cpu usage), but Live seems to be ok (depending on the plugins used), and apps like audacity or cool edit pro work well too.

So, if there's enough horsepower for some loopers and simple plugins, the only remaining difficulty would be to be able to see enough info on the 7 inch 800*480 screen ;).

800*480 should be enough to have two instances of sooperlooper visible on the screen, right ?
What about Mobius ?

I'm aware that a "full" laptop would be able to run anything I'd like (my macbook for example), but this thing is both cheap (300$/€) and small (22.5 x 16.5 x 3 cm, 0.92 kg) and could be perfect for someone like me who doesn't want to use his "main" machine for music and would just like to have something that could always be kept with his instruments and could be almost hidden by the other noisemakers when playing live... :)

</daviD>

"Simulating the true styles and making carefully.
 Many colours a lot, selected freely by you !"