EEE PC for looping ?

Hi all,

The Asus EEE PC seems to be a nice little computer, and it runs linux out of the box (you can also install XP and I've read that people have succeeded in installing OS X Tiger on it, though this is not really legal...). It has 512 MB of ram (upgradable to 2 GB it seems), a Celeron M 900 MHz processor, 4 GB of solid state disk (flash memory) and a SD card slot. And it's very small and weighs about 900 grams.

So, would looping software run well on this device ?
I was thinking mainly about SooperLooper as it exists for both Linux and OSX, but Mobius/XP could be nice too (or something else).

There's just a mic in and an headphone out, but this should be ok for simple looping, and an USB audio interface could be connected for more in/outs if the machine could handle it.

If it was possible to have Sooperlooper/Mobius and a few plugins (not too processor-heavy) running ok on this, it could be a very cool solution for a portable looping setup, methinks...

Any ideas about this ?

Thanks,
</daviD>

"Simulating the true styles and making carefully.
 Many colours a lot, selected freely by you !"