Re: EEE PC for looping ?

On Jan 7, 2008 8:04 PM, David Steinberg <waveform@free.fr> wrote:
>  Hi all,
>

> The Asus EEE PC seems to be a nice little computer, and it runs linux
>out of
> the box (you can also install XP and I've read that people have
>succeeded in
> installing OS X Tiger on it, though this is not really legal...). It has
>512
> MB of ram (upgradable to 2 GB it seems), a Celeron M 900 MHz processor,
>4 GB
> of solid state disk (flash memory) and a SD card slot. And it's very
>small
> and weighs about 900 grams.
>

>http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=24&l2=0&l3=0&l4=0&model=1907&modelmenu=1
>
> So, would looping software run well on this device ?

I've always avoided Celeron processors for audio application. Well,
almost always - not during 1999 somewhere, when the legendary 300 MHz
Celeron could be easily overclocked and there still was a point in
overclocking a CPU to gain performance. I'm not sure exactly what is
up with the Celeron today, but you should read up on its
specifications and compare it with the Duo 2 Core that at this moment
in history is the best laptop CPU for audio. Go to Tom's Hardware,
www.laptop.com or a similar site because I noticed not all
specifications of interest are given out on that page you posted the
link to.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen