Re: WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT YOUR LOOPER(S)

Currently, the only looper I use on a regular basis is the Boomerang. I still own my Repeater, though I keep thinking of selling it, my JamMan went to someone on this list, my DL-4 is busted and I can't afford a new one, and I'm slowly coming to grips with various software-based looping tools, but I take the Boomerang to every gig with my band and use it a lot.

What I don't like:
You have to stop playback to change speed. This is my biggest complaint. I play bass in a pretty dense band, often there's not only the kick drum, but also programmed kicks and basslines to compete with. So there's not a lot of need for more low-end density. So I capture a lot of loops that I double-speed up an octave, and reverse, and fade in and out with a volume pedal to add layers of texture. It'd be really cool to do this without stopping. Yeah, I know the DL-4 can do it, but like I said, mine broke (at the start of one our biggest gigs ever, no less), and I haven't been able to replace it.

Also, the Boomerang is just too freaking big! I have a stupidly big pedalboard already, it seems like the stompboxes that sound the best to my ears are all big, Moogerfoogers in particular, and I have to place the Boomerang off of my pedalboard.