(DD-20) WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT YOUR LOOPER(S)

Hi gang,

I mostly use the Echoplex Digital Pro (EDP).

But, there's not much I'd change about it at this juncture in time.

From my point of view, it has been the "perfect looper" for me for well over a decade now - no real complaints at all . . . yes, really.

If I ever said I wished it were stereo, well, I've owned 2 from day one and have only mildly missed the extra rack-space taken up by it a couple of times.

The pair of them do everything I want them to do and more and have proved nearly bullet-proof for what gigging I do for quite a long time now.

Thank you Matthias Grob and Kim Flint - bless your pea-pickin' hearts.

You've blessed my musical life more than you will ever know.

But, ultimately, the inevitable will happen . . . I will go the software route eventually.

It seems to be the way to go.

I can only hope that by the time I do I will be able to find a solution on the Mac that will work just like the EDP and also work seamlessly with MAX/MSP.

Perhaps an EDP "clone" could be (or has already been) created in MAX - I don't know.

I'll get there eventually.

For now, my 2 EDPs, 2 Vortexes and 2 Akiras are getting me by well enough.

My rig has slimmed down considerably in the last few months (if not gone away entirely).

However . . .

What I am mostly posting about is the fact that I sometimes use a Boss DD-20.

After having had a pair of DL-4s, an RC-20, I sort of gravitated to the DD-20 for my quick "special-ops" on-the-fly gig-rig for where I didn't want (or need) to take the whole big rack thing along.

At one point I even had 3 DD-20s - which I eventually realized was overkill.

I now only have just the one.

What I DO wish were different about the DD-20 are just a few little details.

1. I wish it had 24 seconds of delay instead of only 23 (24 is wholly divisible in so many useful ways, 23 is a prime number and is not) which would help greatly when trying to set up delays in divisions of 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 or 12 even seconds against a longer loop of 24.

2. I also wish it had an assignable socket for an EV-5 pedal instead of just an external momentary switch (I'm an old guy and not too limber any more, I hate bending over from the waist on stage to tweak knobs on the floor - argh!) that could be used to alter loop volume or feedback level or even loop time (I love the glitchy effects the DD-20 makes when tweaking the loop time a little on an already existing loop).

This seems like pretty small potatoes to me.

Best regards,

tEd ® KiLLiAn

www.tedkillian.com

Different is not always better, but better is always different"

Flux Aeterna:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=6378076

Also check out the 1st set of BEMF (Boise Experimental Music Festival) CDs at:
http://www.boisemusicians.com/experimental/cd.htm

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314
http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi?step=view_profile&id=1211970
00042

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???