5 Things I'd like to see in 2008

Chris mentioned:
> 1. The Virtual Repeater. I saw an ad in Electronic Musician
or Mobius doing all that was promised for the Virtual Repeater...(actually,
that might be closer to reality)

> 3. More wireless gear. Wireless powered speakers would rule,
> but bluetooth controllers would be cool too. I just need less
I'm with you on that one. I'd imagine a bluetooth bodypack with two
mic/inst
inputs, headphone output and MIDI/USB connection.

For me also:
* a VBass upgrade where a) everything (stomp effects, amps etc.) is stereo,
b) the per-string pitch shifters actually sound decent.

* the perfect audio interface: halfrack, USB2, bus-powered plus dedicated
power supply (it's well ok if the micpres don't work if it's bus-powered),
4
mic inputs (hybrid solidstate/tube pre), at least 8 analogue ins and 8
analogue outs plus headphone outs, TOSLINK, SPDIF (opt/coax), 2xMIDI I/O,
software-controlled gain stages for (mic) ins and outs, for the input HP
and
limiter, four SW channelstrips and a stereo ('prolly surround) finalizer,
standalone operation (fully MIDI-controllable) and bluetooth (see above).

* the perfect musicians' computer: I'd like something like that apple
thingie (imac?), but more powerful (e.g. graphics adapter supporting
external monitor), intel-world oriented and in a roadworthy package.

* the perfect looping stompbox: package like DL4 or slightly smaller,
multi-track/multi-loop, mobius-like implementation,
pitch-shift/varispeed/timestretch repeater-style, plugin effects onboard,
insert chain, connectors for additional exp pedals/footswitches, UI and
routing freely configurable e.g. from a computer.

        Rainer