Re: 5 Things I'd like to see in 2008

Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill schrieb:
> * the perfect audio interface: halfrack, USB2, bus-powered plus dedicated
> power supply (it's well ok if the micpres don't work if it's
>bus-powered), 4
> mic inputs (hybrid solidstate/tube pre), at least 8 analogue ins and 8
> analogue outs plus headphone outs, TOSLINK, SPDIF (opt/coax), 2xMIDI I/O,
> software-controlled gain stages for (mic) ins and outs, for the input HP
>and
> limiter, four SW channelstrips and a stereo ('prolly surround) finalizer,
> standalone operation (fully MIDI-controllable) and bluetooth (see above).

For me it exists already, though can't afford it, the RME FW 400, it has
almost all of the above (only two mic pre's) but Firewire instead of USB
and that is a BIG advantage and not a drawback. If I need more mics, I
fly in my little cute peavey mixer...

> * the perfect musicians' computer: I'd like something like that apple
> thingie (imac?), but more powerful (e.g. graphics adapter supporting
> external monitor), intel-world oriented and in a roadworthy package.

This exist as well, the Macbook pro's fit perfectly, (though can't
afford it...)

1. I'd like to see enough cash to afford a new Macbook,
2. will certainly happen and is called Max 5.
To fill up to five I need
3. more time (to create music),
4. more time (to push forward my instrument) and
5. more time (being able to participate on this list as well...)

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------