Re: OT - acoustic pickups, etc

Yes they are not dead yet,Frap is now:
http://www.tranceaudio.com/index.html
i have it and love it,ive dettached on of the
transducers and mix it up with a takamine tri-ax
magnetic and have the best of both worlds.But now i am
thinking of drilling a second hole and having the
trance audio stereo transducers out in stereo,plus the
magnetic for more sonic flexibility.I like the natural
percussive sound of the TA lenses without any effect
other than reverb and the magnetic through a
proccessor,killer combination!
unfortunately this system only works with steel
strings and there is a special cable designed for it
so dont loose it or get a second one!
Luis

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Markley-Artist-Transducer?sku=304005.
> You might use it in combo to the saddle pickup...
>
> Jim
>
> On Dec 6, 2007 1:38 PM, Daryl Shawn
> <highhorse@mhorse.com> wrote:
>
> > Forgive this wholly off-topic query, though of
> course it does concern
> > equipment that will be eventually used in
> looping...
> >
> > I like the onboard piezo pickup in my Takamine
> nylon-string, but I'm
> > starting to do more banging on the guitar body
> these days and the piezo
> > doesn't really transmit these sounds very well. An
> external mic does
> > fine with this of course, but I want something
> suitable for onstage use
> > and I hate having to hold more or less still in
> front of a mic. I've
> > gotten a recommendation (thanks Michael!) on the
> Baggs Element, but am
> > wondering if anyone's had experience with anything
> else, especially with
> > having two different pickup systems in one guitar.
> I'd like to keep my
> > current setup and add to it (maybe I can split the
> output at the endpin
> > with a TRS jack...?).
> >
> > Also, I'm making more use of the harmonics that
> appear between the fret
> > and the headstock, which of course aren't heard by
> standard-mounted
> > pickups. I know Fred Frith had a guitar with a
> pickup mounted up on the
> > headstock, though his was huge (and appeared on an
> electric) and was
> > done quite some time ago, I'm hoping there are
> some kind of developments
> > here since.
> >
> > Finally, I'm looking for a really really good
> portable (i.e., stompbox,
> > tabletop, half-rack) compressor that's well-suited
> to acoustic guitar,
> > that is, helps to even out the natural sounds and
> doesn't produce any of
> > the "breathing" effect - I'm not looking for
> extreme compression, just
> > something to musically accentuate the harmonics
> and even out the big
> > spike. The Keeley compressor is raved about
> frequently, but I'm curious
> > if anyone has had experience with it on acoustic
> guitar.
> >
> > Daryl Shawn
> > www.swanwelder.com
> > www.chinapaintingmusic.com
> >

> --
> The Acoustic World Guitar of Jim Goodin  -
> http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com
> MySpace (solo) -
> http://www.myspace.com/jimgoodinmusic
> Chinapainting -
> http://www.chinapaintingmusic.com
> Chinapainting on My Space -
> http://www.myspace.com/chinapaintingmusic.com
> The Jim Goodin label and home for 7 other creative
> [...]

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.