From: tEd ® KiLLiAn [mailto:tedkillian@charter.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 1:46 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: OT: Recommended Cables - GK Guitar Synth Compatible Cables

Hi all,

While some of us are on the topic of MIDI cables already, I have a cable question for the group.

Almost all of y guitars are equipped with Roland GK hex pickups.

Of course the cables for connecting such guitars to their synth boxes are available from any number of retailers in lengths of 10 feet, 15 feet and 30 feet.

My question:

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO GET GK 13-PIN COMPATIBLE CABLES IN EVEN SHORTER LENGTHS?

I have a recently acquired box (a GKP-4) that acts as a signal splitter so that my GK-equipped guitars can drive more than one "brain" (GR synth-based or VG COSM-based).

I hate the idea of having no other choice than to connect items that sit on the floor only inches apart with a cable that is 10' long (or more).

Spaghetti is meant for Italian pasta on a plate, not instrument floor cables underfoot.

Besides shorter cable lengths sound better.

If I could find a source for Gk 13-pin cables in lengths of 3' or shorter I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks!

tEd ® KiLLiAn

www.tedkillian.com

Different is not always better, but better is always different"

Flux Aeterna:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=6378076

Also check out the 1st set of BEMF (Boise Experimental Music Festival) CDs at:
http://www.boisemusicians.com/experimental/cd.htm

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314
http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi?step=view_profile&id=1211970
00042

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???