Re: Loop Survey - Summary

> In the software domain, the top3 used looper software packages are a draw
> between Mobius and Ableton Live (31%), followed by SooperLooper (17%).
> Rating-wise, it's Mobius with 90% in the front, followed by MAX/MSP (88%)
> and AugustusLoop (83%).

What is interesting and also misleading about this is that MAX/MSP is
technically not a looper. One can build his/her own looper in MAX/MSP, but
the features and functionality of that will vary wildly...so that stat is
not really that relevant to anyone who wants to use MAX/MSP as a looper,
because they have to build their own or use on of the many looping patches
that max users have built.  In short, when we call max a looper, that could
mean a simple patch that emulates the DL4 to a complex patch that emulates
several features from Mobius, EDP, Repeater, etc.

Kris

Kris