Re: OT RE: FC300 and VG-99

At 9:07 PM -0400 9/25/07, James Richmond wrote:

>I would really like to hear about your VG99 experiences as well.
>I have been planning on getting one and would love to know your
>expert opinion.

Okay, it looks like there are at least a few people interested in
this data, judging from the responses both on- and off-list.
Hopefully this isn't quite so OT that it'll get anyone bent out of
shape (BTW, there is a Hold Delay in the effects section which can
act as a Looper, so the device itself is actually peripherally on
topic ;).  Here are three reasonably long messages that I sent over
to the VG-99 list detailing my experiences with it so far.  I'll
break them up so that each has it's own post.

One quick point: As I said previously, I'm really quite impressed
with the box.  I'm concentrating on a lot of the quirks, though, so
that people will know what they're going to have in store.  Sometimes
I might sound a bit frustrated, but there are really more positive
points than negative.

Also, I'd remind anyone replying to the thread to please remove any
extraneous text you're not directly quoting, as a favor to those
posters on the Digest mode.

That said, let me know if there are any specific questions about the
VG-99, and I'll try to address them.

Here's the first note:

--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."