Re: problem w/live looping using mic - "Empty Scores"

Hey Zoe,

Thanks for the detailed response, I found it really
interesting and I'm sure a lot of other people did
too. So, its great to see a musician out there doing
this kind of thing, because its something I'm really
interested in trying out, and its good to see that it
can actually work, and even, dare I say it, be
liberating or inspiring.

I do have one more question, I'm based off of Ableton
as well, as I'm sure a lot of people are, and I was
just wondering, for the basic mechanism of triggering
ableton clips/cues with midi clips, how are you doing
that? Are you routing them back into ableton through a
Midiyoke or similar internal midi cable, or is there a
way to actually do that easily from within Live?

I've been using that method, with moderate success,
and a few infinite midi feedbacks from time to time,
accidentally taking midi in on the channel I send it
out.

Thanks!
Jesse

Oh, and I very much relate to what you were saying
about a piece being new each time you play it, and
even though I'm not a classical musician, i do get a
bit of a kick at looking at all this through that type
of lense, the "empty score" metaphor really makes
sense to me.

=== message truncated ===

that gives answers, not web links.