OT: Morphing using Vortex vs TSR-24

I noticed some in here use the TSR-24, as well as some using the Vortex.

My TSR-24 will have dual DSP's this week, which will enable ring-out and
ramp-up, allowing some 'morphing' between effects.
However, I'm considering a Vortex for it's unique effects and AFAIU
smooth morphing.

I'd like comments on differences between using the TSR-24 to do some
morphing-like effects vs using the Vortex.
Also comments on tonal quality and which specialties may be had only
with the Vortex, or rather, is hard to build with other gear.

--
rgds,
van Sinn