RE: Most programmable midi foot controller

If you're going down the laptop route, there's also:

·         MIDI-OX (in Windows)

provides routing, data mapping, patch mapping, access to virtual midi ports, and (essential) monitoring/filtering/debugging, and is free.

I use a spreadsheet to define data mappings (e.g., convert ProgChg 8 on Ch 2 to Controller 70 value 127 on Ch 5), then load these as patches in MIDI-OX, which can then loop to itself to trigger varying patches, etc.

This helps me get around the limitations of my FC-200 foot controller (not nearly as programmable as the FCB1010), and some of the idiocycracies of Ableton Live, and have an extraordinarily customized recording/performance rig.

·         Cycling 74 Max/MSP (http://www.cycling74.com/products/maxmsp, cross-platform)

a graphical MIDI programming environment (warning: uber-geeky.), but, about $495 for non-students.

dh