RE: Most programmable midi foot controller

I'm not aware of any programmable foot controller that runs on MIDI
power.  There aren't a lot of options unfortunately, if you want to
buy something new there are:

Behringer FCB1010 - $150
  - Cheap, reasonably flexible, but large.  10 functions per bank.
    Silent switches.

Rocktron MIDI Mate - $150
  - Cheap, smaller than the FCB1010, but not as powerful.
    If I remember right this has average programming features but it
    only has a maximum of 5 functions per bank, you wanted 6.

Digital Music Ground Control Pro - $400
  - Compact, rugged, expensive.  Noisy switches.  More powerful than
    the FCB in some ways, less in others.  8 or 12 functions per
    bank depending on how you configure it.

Yamaha MFC10 - $280
  - Has latency problems, doesn't get good reviews on this list.

Roland FC-200 - $320
  - I'm not very familiar with this, but it looks about as large
    as the FCB1010 for twice the money.

Then there are some powerful, outrageously expensive boutique
controllers like the Rocktron All Access, RS-10, Skrdstrup.  These are
way more than you need.

Always download and read the manuals before you buy.  Each controller
has its own set of quirks that may or may not be a deal breaker for
you.

Jeff