Re: WAS: Who uses looping in their promo material? NOW:Prerecordedmaterial

Because it takes years of effort to play music really well.

Most people pick up an instrument and can't reliably get a pleasing
sound out of it.  Or in the case of some instruments, really any sound
at all.  People admire the skill required to perform an act, be it
playing music or playing basketball, in addition to appreciating the
immediate thrill factor of experiencing "Flight Of The Bumblebee" or
hard drive down the court culminating in a slam dunk in the closing
seconds of a basketball game.

It doesn't necessarily require "suffering".