Re: WAS: Who uses looping in their promo material? NOW:Prerecordedmaterial

But take Beck for example... he was bombarded at one
point for being on the cover of Guitar player
magazine,people were writtng saying how can you put
somebody that cant play guitar on the GP cover,i think
his way of playing and composing is more creative and
just as difficult if not more as somebody playing
plain guitar gymnastics.This is something that got
sort of missunderstood in the rock n roll world with a
lot of the shreder bands in the 80s,it started turning
into weight lifting sports arena and the innocence of
rock n roll started getting lost...
Luis

--- Travis Hartnett <travishartnett@gmail.com> wrote:

> Because it takes years of effort to play music
> really well.
>
> Most people pick up an instrument and can't reliably
> get a pleasing
> sound out of it.  Or in the case of some
> instruments, really any sound
> at all.  People admire the skill required to perform
> an act, be it
> playing music or playing basketball, in addition to
> appreciating the
> immediate thrill factor of experiencing "Flight Of
> The Bumblebee" or
> hard drive down the court culminating in a slam dunk
> in the closing
> seconds of a basketball game.
>
> It doesn't necessarily require "suffering".
>
> On 9/13/07, Nemoguitt@aol.com <Nemoguitt@aol.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >  In a message dated 9/13/07 12:49:38 AM,
> travishartnett@gmail.com writes:
> >

> > I believe that a performer earns their applause by
> >  successfully doing something difficult in front
> of an audience.
> >

> >  rubbing my xtra large tummy and patting my head
> at the same time is "difficult" playing music is a
> joy.....travis, why do you say "difficult",
> interesting use of the word.....perhaps i have never
> really suffered for my art and over the years have
> easily perfected my mistakes.....

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?