Re: Who uses "looping" in their promo material?

One of the toughest tasks for me has been to create promotional
materials.  To read threads on this list (one about "first person" vs.
"third person") was extremely useful.

My choice of "genre" is designed to attract opportunities wherein my
music will be well-recieved.  My music, as is much music, can be hard
to pin down at times however to include the terms "classical",
"neo-classical", "electronic" along with "composer/performer" helps to
pin things down.

To ponder my journey into the live-looping medium is quite rewarding
(from here I digress).

In the last year, live-looping has become an important part of my
work.  Live-looping allows one to build an ensemble while retaining
the performer's touch, phrasing, and nuance.   While I very much enjoy
my multi-timbral (K2600) synth, to build an entire ensemble from human
articulated musical lines in real time yields music of extraordinary
power and expressiveness.

While I don't use the term "looping" as a genre label, I now mention
it prominately in my bio.

Next week I will perform at the Plaza Art Fair in Kansas City, Mo (Sep
21, 500pm at Central and Nichols Road).  They asked that, in addition
to playing music, that I include time to explain my instrument
(Theremin) and I will preface my live-looping works with a short
explanation/demo.

I just put the finishing touches on a new composition -- entirely live
looping -- that I have written specifically for the Y2K7 Loopfest.
Last June (at the electro-music festival) Warren Sirota encouraged me
to explore different theremin timbres and many of the ideas in this
work are based on Warren's suggestions.    While most of my work is
performed live with pre-recorded tracks, I took the Y2K7 festival as a
challenge to do an entire set of 100% live-looping works with no
pre-recorded elements.

My original thought about live-looping was that to include some
live-looping works in my sets would add variety to the program.   I
have discovered that live-looping is a powerful medium for
music-making and I look forward to creating more looping works in the
future.

More later...

-- Kevin