Re: Who uses "looping" in their promo material? + JDRF announce...

I almost concur - not that I don't value what I do as an "artist" a term that always strikes me a bit pretenious wondering when we went from "musicians" to "artists" which has seemed more in vogue in this current chapter of my marketing.  Anyhow again I do think how we toot our horn is important as if we don't who will sort of but in trying to describe original music if it's not the "norm" of which Warren refers to I think it's very hard to find people who have the patience to really get it.

In this chapter of my music which I target beginning as far as marketing goes around 1996 (though several other musical chapters before) I've gone from being a devote Michael Hedges influence and Celtic melodies cat to more experimental and "new music" in the last couple of years.  Trying to express it all gets to be quite a task and in marketing Chinapainting we're such an almagmation of genres and influences that one comes full circle in these terms.  In the end it's all music and they either get it and like it or respect it or don't have the patience and move on.

For my money when they "get it" it often feels like they've just given me the greatest gift...

if I may switch gears and may repost this announce but my daughter Callie (11 years) is a  Type 1 diabetic now since April 6 2005.  Each September she and my family take part in the JDRF Walks for the Cure, participating and promoting one of the one's here in New York which takes place on Sunday September 30th.

Last year we as a family raised $5000 for the work of JDRF which will hopefully one day lead towards having the 4 to 5 needle injections plus 4 to 6 fingerstick blood sugar tests banished from her life.  This year we're hoping to pass that mark by.

If you would be interested in donating to JDRF and supporting our family in this event it would be greatly appreciated and please forgive me grandstanding on this list a bit about this but as in promoting music the same exists here.

To donate on-line goto...
https://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=walk.supportwalker&walkerid=86727903

To donate by check, make the checks out as follows...

JDRF or Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in the Memo field of the check please put, Callie Goodin #86727903.  Mail to...

JDRF
New York Chapter
432 Park Avenue South, 15th Floor
New York, NY  10016
Thanks to all and best with your muse....

Jim
www.chinapaintingmusic.com
www.jimgoodinmusic.com