Re: tenori-on questions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tilmann Dehnhard" <tilmann@dehnhard.com>

> some questions about the tenori-on after seeing the litle movie, i'm
>just
> curious:
>
> is it possible to use a grid that's smaller than 16 per 16 bits, so we
> could funk around in 5 or 3 or 7?

--> Yes, you can change the loop start and loop end on the fly

> what about a bigger grid than 16?

--> a grid of 16 is called a block, you can have 16 block you can change
on
the fly to add variation

> what about velocity?

--> no velocity but you have 16 layer and you can us a mixer like panel to
adjust the volume of each layer so you can fake velocity by using several
layer assigned to the same instrument

> or aftertouch?

--> no

> can you switch parts? ("shall we take it to the bridge? - yeah")

--> see the block concept

> can you save your creations? on the card?

--> yes, you also have a "clock" mode which display the current time and
can
play a random composition choosen on the card every hour (chime) or at an
alarm time or continuously.
You can also save on the card your own "voices" which are sample-sets of
16
wav files (max 0.97sec each). Up to 3 of these voices can be used in
layers.

> can you use the chromatic scale (or any other than major)?

--> yes you have the choice between Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian,
Mixolydian, Aeolian, Locrian, Chromatic and  OKINAWA

The manual can be downloaded from the site but I still hadn't the time to
read it.
It transmits midi clock/start/stop and note numbers with a fixed velovity
of
100. The sound module recognize velocity however, not sure it can be
recorded. You can set the gate time for each layer between 10 msec - 9990
msec. It has chorus and reverb but no Delay

So to answer Rainer, it has nothing to do with the KP except perhaps the
UI.
I guess a V2 would bring more effect, more voices and more sampling
capabilities.
Ben.