AW: OT: mastering

> Er...no. It's neither automated nor non-creative, unless
> you're referring to the process of simply running it through
> software which can be done with some basic results. Mastering

Here, we're using different terminology. I was referring to the process of
taking a red-book-compliant digital source and using that to make a glass
master (hence the name "mastering"). This process
        a) will always work if the source is red-book compliant
        b) has no parameters to adjust

Both a) and b) were/are not true in the world of vinyl.

What you are referring to using the term "mastering" is the process of
preparing that red-book compliant digital source. And for that I think we
all agree that it is creative a process, and that's why I started this
thread.

I do however still believe that the TC Electronics Finalizer when used
gently does good work. And as I got one quite cheaply, this investment made
sense for the converters alone ;)

        Rainer