Re: record industry

In a message dated 7/6/2007 7:36:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, msyoder2007@sbcglobal.net writes:
I agree, and that is so sad!  (The part about the non-discerning public
unable to tell the difference.)  I do not do mp3's at all because the
sound quality is generally quite bad.  They say that i-tunes are better,
but I haven't tried that yet.
I used to "feel" this way as I too DO NOT get into or use MP3s. The truth is however that with the various newer high band width "loss less" files, you really cannot discern the difference between the two unless you are listening on extremely high end equipment. I am somewhat of an audiophile (hobbyist level) buff and it's the old 5000.00 CD player vs. 3-5000.00 turntable comparison test. About 3 out of 100 REAL audiophiles can actually consistently discern the difference between the two. It's all in the conversion and machine internals.

See what's free at AOL.com.