record industry

As the suits have attenuated the choices available in mainstream popular
music there has been an incredible flourishing of music produced. In 1975
was doing radio and playing as much ethnic stuff as I could get,a typical
record store would have maybe 5 or 6 albums in their International section
,something celtic,maybe something Greek or Spanish ,maybe a Belly Dance
your Husband record and some Polka or German Beer Hall Songs,maybe an
Piaff record.I used to order Nonesuch stuff whenever I could come up with
the money,and comb used record stores ,thrift stores and borrow tapes from
the university library. These days you can get hundreds of  new World
recordings a year,and from every culture on the planet. that's just one
category.Amoeba recrods in SF must ahev 10,000 electronic selctions