From: samba - [mailto:sambacomet@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 2:18 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: record industry

  I think the record industry started it's decline by gearing it's whole
promo machine to producing Very expensive videos for MTV ,henceforth known
as emptyvideos.They stopped putting money into more creative
eccentricquirky

acts and even dropped alot of famous musicians who were making platinum
record cause they were dropping 100k on each video. Meanwhile MTV staretd
producing more feature programming designed to keep viewers tuned in
rather
than surfing,and reduced the amount of airtime for mtvids.When napster and
cheap digital recording  came along the didn't adapt intelligently. The
tech

changes are certainly an important factor,but secondary to bad tactics and
strategies.They could have used napster to their advantage.

http://newlivehotmail.com