Re: live looping with ableton live

more on Live's sync shortcomings:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200611/msg00009.html

That said, I use Live pretty much exclusively, but then I don't sync
it to anything else :)

I find Live good for my particular style of looping, which relies on
the fact that I'm usually not looping myself - and so have time to
drive Live (with a mouse etc.). I imagine it would be quite hard to
use Live if you're just a solo guitarist (say), but I know it's been
done.

Normally I use a combination of Live and Augustus Loop - Live for
straight repetitions of phrases, Augustus for more 'evolving' stuff.

To each his own. If you're looking for an Echoplex substitute though,
Live ain't it.

cheers,
os.

--