Re: Case against laptops

I think there's been some thread creep here.  There are people who use
the laptop as their sound generator onstage, without plugging in a
guitar, keyboard or what have you.  These are the boring performances
I was referring to in my posts.

Although, I do wince when I see someone with a traditional instrument
and a laptop onstage, just because (in my experience as an audience
member) it more often then not acts as an attention magnet for the
musician in question.

TH