Re: OT: Busking--it's hard for everyone

One of the problems of playing in a train station is that by
definition, pretty much everyone there is on their way to somewhere,
so they're pressed for time and their minds are not on the immediate
environment.  A lot of musicians like to busk train stations because
the thinking is there's a lot of people who'll see you, when actually
there's a lot of people who'll ignore you.

Playing at a "destination" site, such as an outdoor craft or farmer's
market on a pretty weekend afternoon might get you  more attention and
money, because people are there to wander around, look at things and
spend money, not hurry to and from their job.

TravisH