Re: OT: Busking--it's hard for everyone

Travis that is right and didn't mean to side bar this thread.  Actually had trouble getting the link to interpret and was sharing my experience @10 years doing it.  True many ignore but as echo'd a few good times plus for me it's another chance to gain some practice/performance time out of @45 min commute each day from Brooklyn to NY going coming.  In a sense it's made more sense than performing in some of the clubs for genre of music not really supported and generally cattle call bookings for 30-45 min blocks.  Still some good things from doing those and clearly they are essential, it's just the subway has given another opportunity.  As songwriter Martin Sexton said however about playing it in the ever popular among musicians Boston Metro, know when to come up... echoing if you stay down there too long you never will return.