Re: OT: Busking--it's hard for everyone

this was truly one of the most profound things i've read.  period.  i really encourage folks to take the time to read the entire article.  it is very long, but take the time, make the time to read it.  like the people who took the time to listen.  there are so many things to comment on, i wouldn't know where to start.  maybe the part that i would comment on is the part that effected me more than anything else......how joshua bell felt his own performance was best when he most felt he was being listened to.  what musician with any soul at all could not relate to that.

heartfelt thanks to travis for bringing this to our attention.  i can't help but wonder how this would play out in different situations across the country....in different countries.....different cultures......different styles of music.  is part of the indifference due to the perception in our country, our culture of "classical" music?  i've met alison krauss, and you might be able to sneak her in there to play her fiddle...not sing obviously.....but play and see if folks noticed.

wow, i could go on and on.  again thank you.
john
=