Re: Sound quality of various loopers

You don't have the unit set so that the frequency rate is lower, right? I recall you could get a longer loop length on the unit, but you sacrificed quality.

Kris

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: Sound quality of various loopers

Kris,

Thanks for the reply. Here's how I determined the thinning of the sound:

Epi Les Paul direct to Boomerang, Boomerang direct to Marshall amp (same results are the same with my Fender Princeton amp, too).

I play, and notice the usual thick, rich tone.

I tap "record", and "record" again to end the recording. The loop immediately starts to play back, and I notice that the tone is very noticeably thinner (seems more trebly and less bass).

To the average ear the difference would be slight, but I'm sure any of you guys would notice it immediately. I just happened to notice the same thing during my lesson the other day when my instructor used his RC-50. Slight difference but noticeable.

I remember about a year ago trying Mobius through my computer, and noticed no difference in sound quality at all, but the playback was through my Altec Lansing computer speakers.

One other thing that I notice about my 'Rang is that right out of the box, the center switch setting produces an incredible amount of hiss. I kind of ignored that and just figured it was a 'Rang idiosyncrasy. The other two settings are nice and quiet, though. Perhaps I need to send it back to Mike N. for a checkup.

Brian