Re: Question about looping software

On 9 dec 2006, at 17.46, Sean Onion wrote:

> Thanks all, this is good info.  On the idea of doing what the RC-50
> can do, it seems that I might be able to use SL with either
> multiple loops or engines or both.  What about the other s/w?
> Could this be done with Ableton Live?

You're not telling what you want to do, so it might be difficult to
give an accurate answer. The typical way of looping in SooperLooper
is rather difficult to do in Live (I would say "impossible" if you
want do do it fluently with an improvisational touch). With that I
mean starting out by creating a loop of your playing - which also
defines the tempo and - then overdubbing many musical layers into
that loop and also starting other loops in parallel, eventually of
different length.

But, on the other hand you can run SL as a plug-in in Live and then
the question is if you're doing it in Live or if you're doing it in
SooperLooer ;-))

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)