From: roel
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2006 12:26 AM
Subject: H-H echo unit

hi anyone out here, i'm new to this list... :)

i've never had the pleasure to own a tape machine or tape echo myself,
but finally this evening i've brought in a second hand H-H echo unit!

. i guess it needs a lot of service, since it drops out audio at some moments.
also i know the sound gets most dirty immediately after the first repeat.
though i knew these units do not produce sparkling and clear sounds... the dropouts is what makes me wondering.

is there a tutorial on repairing/optimizing/service-ing a tape echo?

best, roel