Re: Products, Services, and Looping Gear "Packages"

Yes, latency can certainly be a showstopper! I don't experience any
significant latency on my system, mainly cause I did the research to find
an
audio interface and driver that would minimize it, plus ensured my system
had the performance to support it. I plug directly into my laptop and
Indigo
IO card...not major latency problems, and I use this system to perform,
record, etc...with headphones, through a PA, and so on.

I am fairly compulsive about these things, and I wouldn't have sold
thousands of dollars of gear and put my Looperlative laptop rack system up
for sale if the laptop system didn't meet my technological and usability
needs.

But a buyer of this laptop system package wouldn't have to worry about
this.
That's part of the package...getting a system that doesn't sound like crap
out of the box.  I suppose part of the testing would include some specs on
the overall system latency...there is always some present, so that really
compulsive users with stringent latency requirements can decide whether
the
system meets their needs. You get what you pay for. If the Indigo IO card
doesn't meet someone's requirements, then add one of those fancy firewire
interfaces to the package...just adds to the cost.

Kris