Re: Products, Services, and Looping Gear "Packages"

Jesse,

What audio I/O hardware are you using?  Is it ASIO?  I'm using the ASIO4ALL driver with my laptop's built-in sound card right now, and latency isn't an issue at all.  Sound quality is, and that's why I'm saving/shopping for a firewire interface (anybody got one for sale?), but the latency just isn't a problem, and I'm a pretty rhythmic player.  Of course, my machine has one of the new CoreDuo processors, so maybe that helps too.

--Josh

noone@jbro.us wrote:
I agree... with the I/O latency issues that plague current computer audio
setups, I can't see going out of my way to buy a laptop for use as a looper.
Since I already own one, though, I use Live and Mobius occasionally at home.
However, the latency issue keeps me from incorporating it into my live rig.
This is, in my opinion, the primary advantage hardware units have over
software setups right now (aside from perhaps durability/stability issues to
some extent).  Personally I have never quite grasped why cheaper, slower
hardware units measure their I/O latency in picoseconds, while our much more
powerful computer systems have noticeable delays.  That's a bit OT, though.

Krispen - are you running some type of parallel setup with delay
compensation to combat the monitoring latency?

Jesse