Re: Products, Services, and Looping Gear "Packages"

That would be a great idea!  You could list your items on ebay with a
description that says something like "Better than the Boss RC-50!," and
include some video clips of you looping with a laptop system.  Then, if
you could put together a quick-start manual that describes how to use
the system as a whole and included some basic e-mail support, you could
make a killing!  If I had the cash, I'd be all over it.

I wonder, though, if there's enough of a market looking for pre-fab
packages that would cost upward of $1000 to make it worth your time?
And what about beginners who already own laptops?  When I started
looking around a loopers for the first time (not long ago), I was
looking at the RC-50, but wasn't convinced.  I figured I already owned a
laptop, so that was the way to go.  If I didn't own a laptop already,
the price alone would have been enough to steer me back to the Boss unit
or a Boomerang or something similar.

Perhaps some low-level consulting would be a nice addition to this
business model so you could hear the customer's vision and current gear
and say "no, I don't think your laptop's up to par as-is, but I could
sell you more RAM, a firewire audio card, and your choice of MIDI
controllers and you'd be able to do exactly what you're describing."
You could then put together a custom package for the individual customer.

Just a thought...

--Josh