Re: ...what to go for then?

One thing I've found over the years is that  you'll
learn more about people when you read non professional
reviews than you learn about the gear... in many
cases.  Don't worry, someone somewhere will hate
everything and they tend to be vocal.

>From what I can hear about the RC-50 is that if you're
not syncing it to a drum machine it seems like a
pretty good box.  Not my bag, but I bet good music can
be made with it.  Am I wrong on this one?  I've kind
of stopped following the threads after "it doesn't
sync well."

The talk about the JamMan faded so fast I have no idea
what it does... nor do I care.  The Lexicon JamMan is
still THE JamMan for me.  Get one, they're great....
unless you're one of the people who hate it.

Bad reviews on the EDP?  Again, not my bag but it
executes what it does really well.  Maybe it is my
bag, as I now seem to be very happy with a software
emulation of it running from a laptop.  I'm sure it's
not the same but it does what I ask it to do.

I love the Repeater... but it honestly hasn't seen a
signal for a month... will it hit my closet? (ebay)
Perhaps...  My heros seem to have foresaken their
hardware gear for laptop versions.  Still nothing
touches what this sucker does in software or other
hardware.  Does it have warts?  Sure, but show me some
gear that doesn't.

Looperlative?  For sure get a laptop.  It's cool, but
for the cash you'll be better off with a decent laptop
and Mobius.  If you're totally anti laptop then this
is as good a choice as any.

2880?  Haven't hear anything bad about that... except
you only get a loop at a time but surely with all
those tracks...

The thing about your first looper is that it will be
like your first girlfriend/boyfriend.  You shan't
forget them, but they will often tell you many things
about what you don't want as well as a few that you
can't get enough of.

Mark