Re: Message Board

Without belaboring the point too much:

form a
community. I hoped people would spend extended time there, and get to know
one another. I wanted people to share information and collaborate on
projects together. I wanted people to spend time to teach one another about

looping. I wanted people to have serious, thoughtful, and respectful
discussions. I wanted it to last. I wanted a community of interested people

to build the whole idea of looping into something much bigger than it was.

I am a part of many Message boards that have all these aspects. Creating a
commuinty is far from the exclusive domain of email lists.

is hurtful
to the group when people try to create some separate forum. It always feels

like an attempt to split our community up.

I think this might be a bit of an overreaction. It's a big world with a lot
of Loopers. I don't see how a message board devoted to looping (again- I am
NOT talking about LD, since it's clear most of the people here are not
interested in a board-based forum- I am talking about if someone were to
start a completely independent board devoted to looping)- could in any way,
shape, or form be detrimental to the world community of looping musicians.
No offense, but the preceeding statement certainly seems to imply that the
LD mailing list is the be all & end all of the looping world, and quite
frankly, it's not. I understand that you've worked on and created this list
from nothing, and I very much appreciate the information & community
available here. But to imply that it's a somehow negative action for
someone else to attempt to begin simply a different format of communication
between musicians is just downright silly, IMO.