Re: Jokes (Was: Music Scene)

Q: How many bass players does it take to change a light bulb?
A: One, but nobody notices.  But if he doesn't change it everybody wonders
why
it's dark.

(My main instrument is guitar.)

As a group, bass players tend to be the most sensible members of the band.
They show up on time, they play with good time (often better than the
drummers) and they tend to have the extra batteries, fuses and cables that
the
lead guitarist forgot to bring again.

When I was learning bass, one of my favourite mailing lists used to be "The
Bottom Line".  It was by and large filled with sensible folks without major
ego problems.  Ask Steve Lawson about it, I think he's a major contributor.

I have known flaky bass players but they are hugely outnumbered by all the
flaky guitarists, keyboardists, vocalists and drummers I've known over the
years.

I would suspect that this list is mainly composed of guitarists and I'm a
guitarist so with that in mind:

Q: How do you make a guitarist play quieter?